and then there's the part of me that is cautious and frightened- what if the house you built were just made of Lego bricks?
Who's to blame for a broken heart, then?
Myself, for letting myself be led into that house of Lego bricks; or you for building that house of Lego bricks?
Reassure, reaffirm, reascertain me that I don't have a house of Lego bricks, over and over and over again
-
So let's back this up and talk about building a house. A home. Maybe two.
First up, at the start of May, I had a wedding reception to attend. Not mine, my cousin and his new-soon-to-be wife, at Sentosa Golf Club. It was held under the hot sun in the afternoon at Sentosa Golf Club, so only my mum and I went and hitched a ride with my uncle and his family. My first time twirling round en route to Sentosa to find the entrance to go in by car was pretty hectic and rushed.... but in the end, we were one of the earliest.
Can't blame my aunt and uncle, as much as it was my cousin's important day, it was theirs too.
We reached there, and Sentosa, being Sentosa, everything was perfect.

One day I will get on a yatch and sleep at sea.

I loved how the flowers lined the way to the restaurant even though at some point of time I did feel like Hansel & Gretel.....

I was honestly really excited to attend the ROM.
Isn't everybody, when it comes to their first's?
Although somethings have second, third, fourth....chances to get me tingly.
And when I first stepped into the restaurant, believing I couldn't get anymore excited......


*Squeals*
Although.... It confirmed my suspicions that pretty things don't (not always the case I KNOW) taste as nice as they look or as yummy as food that look less appealing. :(
And since I was there so super early, I took photos and photos and more photos!!!
*Non-iphone photos were taken by my cousin :)

There were props around for people to camwhore with

Bride & Groom :)


Halfway, my interest in the props waned and I found the perfect accessory..

PRETTY RIGHT!!!! <3_<3
I love flowers :3


I DO NOT ONLY SHOWER MYSELF WITH LOVE OKAY.
Here are some photos I took before the ROM ceremony. It was all extremely romantic and so pretty against the greens and blues and whites surroundings.

The ROM table?

Just so you wanna know, the seashells belonged to my cousin!!
Okay why am i telling you this!?!?

Chairs the main actress and actor will be seating on
Look at the pretty lilac hydrangeas!

Can you spot the rings? :)
Then, the ROM finally started. It wasn't a grand affair or anything, but watching them say the vows and "I Do's" made me smile- a little too gladly, a little wistfully.. it wasn't as romantic and magical as it was in the movies, but I guess the romance and magic must be there; perhaps it's the kind that only two lovers can feel.
Maybe.




-Just Married-
May their forever lasts forever.
Eventually, lunch was served. It was alot of fine dining and really tested my skills, or lack thereof, of being a lady with table manners.


I was the first few to grab a cupcake and here's mine, which was unfinished.


Part of the table decor...

....and me. ^^




My cousin's and my cupcake!

That's her! :)

the menu
(obviously)
In chronological order....


RAW TUNA


My main dish- I chose beef


Dessert was too sweet; unfinished too sadly.
End of food porn.

Mummy!! :)
In between while waiting with a ravenous appetite, I took some photos again! Really, is it that unexpected now?

the bride's bouquet, which she didn't throw hmm. :/


Shi Shi was so beautiful that day.
During the meal, my relatives and cousins found out I was a huge camwhore.......




And I rescued these precious, precious flowers before they were whisked away into the garbage bins where they absolutely did not belong to.


As well as the ribbons that were tied around the chair cos they were too pretty sigh I sound like a garung-guni girl shittoz.

They're currently wrapped around my new hat. Think they'll stay there for quite a while.
Anybody wna go to the beach/picnic soon?
Some happy photos from that day:












We, meaning cousins, hung around and took a couple of photos, as you saw above, and went home to prepare for the next upcoming weddings literally a few days later....
Oh and here's a snapshot of my OOTD that day :)

-
I wasn't joking when I said May is more special than the other months. Besides my ahem, birthday, and the ROM, I had one more wedding of my cousin's to attend.
What a happy month.
Some entertaining wedding photos of theirs:



My cousin was the prettiest that day, no joke there.
And I think among all of us too yknow!!

On the wall <3
This was yet another of my first's: The tea ceremony.
I had to wake up at around 6? For god knows why, since I'm just there to...... be me?
So once again, I took pictures and more pictures to kill time.

Putting on her makeup and looking beautiful already

One of the many wedding dresses


My cousin and I!
When I say I took pictures, I didn't mean myself I meant pictures of the whole tea ceremony and door-punishment. I took using my cousin's DSLR hehehe.

He arrived in this adorable mini cooper with all his Mighty Men.
Apparently the jie-meis and xiong-dis had custom made tee shirts.
Females wore: The Chosen One
Males wore: The Mighty One
Pretty cute huh! :)


My brother, COS HE'S A GUY, got to open the groom's door and get angbaos.
A chinese wedding tradition.


The guys had to shout/sing/dance from the rooftop of the multistorey carpark, that can be seen from one of the rooms in my cousin's house!
Can you see the umbrellas?
I <3 SALAN
SUPER SWEET :3


Finally managed to break the gigantic ice cube which held the keys yay
It was extreme joy and loads of fun watching my new-cousin-in-law eat wasabi and drink bitter gourd juice etc. I remember his whole face turned red- tomato red. But all for her, his one and only, I know it's worth it.

Serenading outside her door


COMPLETE LOL MOMENT
Look at his face!!!

Okay that pretty much ends the whole morning and afternoon.
Even tho I was just playing a small role in that afternoon, everyone was in high spirits and the whole thing kept everyone on their toes trying to be on time, to be perfect, I was pretty much exhausted at the end of the day.
Headed home to nap for an hour or so and had to wake up to prim myself up for the dinner!

My dress- it was one of the rented ones that came in a set my cousin rented.
YJ said I looked like a kid!! >:(
And here comes the onslaught of selfshots:







Yet another first's: sitting at one of the prime tables - table number 3 to be exact. ;)
It was also my very first christian wedding, and seeing all the rites that a christian couple have to go through for myself. The highlight of the night wasn't really the food, it was singing praise to the Lord. I had flashbacks of my primary school days running through my head as they sang songs to praise Him; my favourite song to sing back then was The Power Of Love.

Walking down the aisle..




HAHAHA Caught another of Joseph's unglam face!!!!!

It was a lovely, lovely night. No, lovely day.
Numerous times while the stars were glittering outside, I caught tears in my eyes and struggled not to let them fall- my brother will never let me off.
Honestly, how many "forever"s do you think a person can experience in a lifetime?
No matter how many times you say "forever" doesn't mean forever. No matter how much you wish for "forever" doesn't mean forever.
Not even if you press this precious, precious word in between old pages, for even the pages can crumble into dust... into nothing. Nothing is what you get from a broken "forever". Nothing but memories streaming through your head when you like it, when you don't like it, the moment before I bite a juicy, red apple, whenever I get a kiss on my forehead, whenever I smell a whiff of your smell lingering around my clothes.
...yet I so desperately want a "forever". too.
And so, when he told her, "I promise you, this is forever.", I so badly want to believe it too. 'Cos nothing last as long as forever as forever does.
And when he made another promise, this time to my uncle and aunt, "我会好好照顾她,她对我很重要。 "
(I will take good care of her; she is very important to me), tears started to well up again. Ugh, I'm sucha crybaby I'm sucha sucker for romance and these lines.
It's one thing to write them out, it's another to say them. And another to say them in front of so many people. And another to promise that to someone. And certainly another, to so sincerely promise this; even I want to cry.
AND I'M NOT EVEN THE BRIDE WTHECK JQ YOU LOSER-
BUT I DIDN'T, OBVIOUSLY. I COULDN'T. I'll get hell during cny next year man. Mercy.
....So.
The pastor also revealed that Joseph told him this before, "I have Salan (my cousin), and I only need one."
It took me a moment to understand that line, but it stuck with me. Such faith, and love.
If anyone ever ask me if I believe in marrying for love, they'll definitely slip out of my mind and out of my mouth, "yes, of course I do"
-
The rest of the evening passed pleasantly, the food was great, but my appetite seem to have shrunk these days; I couldn't survive till dessert, which was delicious by the way, pity I could only force down a few spoonfuls.
Sigh. Weddings are so magical, they always make me believe that true love is possible.
Two weddings down, one more left this year!
..... till then, we're back to uninteresting, mundane things like... Actually I have no idea.
I must be a very interesting person, which is why you've read this entire longass post.