.sidebar h2 { background:url(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/Silent_2/Tw114h.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position:left; height:40px; margin:0; padding:10px 3px 0 80px; line-height:1.5em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } -->

Monday, May 13, 2013

mouthing words to the space that you should be filling

I really should work hard in keeping up with reflecting what goes on in my head in to words, and into this space. I honestly can't differentiate the sloth and inertia from the unwillingness to write anymore.

The plan is to read, read and read more. And find back the warmth that words provide, instead of fossilizing each and every thought into a never-ending period of Ice Age in my head. 


The past week has been quite a hectic, exhausting, journey for both the flesh and mind.

But I don't regret going for the camp at all, I feel that we have become stronger, closer and become a better team.

For myself, I found the reminder that I needed to recall why I joined this in the first place, as well as lost some fats and formed new records along the way. 

Conquering the Stairway to Heaven on Bukit Timah Hill (with alot of help from many people, especially R - without his help, I would literally be climbing the stairway to heaven) was something I never thought I would complete. Halfway through, my legs were already aching like they never ached before, and my body was really on the brink of exhaustion (REALLY.), if not for everyone's help/encouragements and R, I honestly doubt I would make it to the peak of Bukit Timah Hill. The hike down to catch the impatient bus wouldn't have been so much fun and quick had it not been for D & C for giving me a mini roller coaster ride down. So, thank you everyone.

Walking from Serangoon back to school was another shocking and unbelievable experience for me. And carrying a huge duffel that looked like half my size at the same time?! I mean, it's not like I'm an ant that can carry up to many times its weight right? Although in the end, my friends helped me to carry my big black bag in the end (many, many thank yous to y'all), I'm proud to say that I WALKED all the way back to school, while carrying my heavy load, even though it's for half the journey... Still counts!!! And let's not forget to mention, everyone were still aching from the hike up Bukit Timah Hill the day before. 

The last ordeal, like people say, is always the hardest. After 400 squats together, many tear-stained faces, aches from tightly-linked arms later, and one of the toughest fights I've ever been into, I'm extremely glad that we all survived and pull through it, as a team. The only direction we're going now is up, up, up! 

On a side note, one thing I will never forget is how my group and I tried ways and means to scrip and save and starve on the 1st day, and how happy we all were to be able to splurge and feast like kings and queens on the next day. That simple joy of being able to eat and have a good meal after much hardship will definitely not be forgotten easily. And of course how I always liked to tease and laugh at XH & MJ and "turning off the light" around them. 

 

Although it would be a straight-out lie to say that I don't wish that I am in basking in Laotian sun, air, hugs and laughter right now, I believe this will also be another significant journey and experience in my life.  


Hopefully this wasn't too mundane.. I'll keep trying! 

Birthday surprises and celebrations and thank you's should be coming up soon! :)