.sidebar h2 { background:url(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/Silent_2/Tw114h.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position:left; height:40px; margin:0; padding:10px 3px 0 80px; line-height:1.5em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } -->

Saturday, December 31, 2011

With you, I'm happy.

I've been staring at this space for the past hour, flicking through various websites, listening to different songs; all to find that streak of inspiration that has evaded me for so long, all to find the right words to start something here, i thought i lost the touch to blog again. Looking at the lack of updates here, even after A's has ended (almost a month ago), I feel rather sad to be honest. 
This place which was once as gloriously filled up with photos and happy memories, has gradually degraded into a place that does not do justice to its former grandeur in 2 years; only to be filled up with dust bunnies and short, little updates of Life that starts and ends nowhere.
Nevertheless, I am determined to revive the past and create more unforgettable memories here. Although i must admit first, my camera has decided to choose this untimely period to be an obstinate brat - It's spoiled. :(
So; I celebrated Xixi's birthday with a few other friends on the 29th. The plan was to give her a surprise, but she already had her suspicions so i think it was half-successful.
On a sidenote, it was my virgin trip to Holland V, where we had dinner at the Crystal Jade Xiao Long Bao restaurant (i think thats the name).

Tiffany, Xixi, me, Shi yun & Sze Ning! 
Before the dinner, Shiyun and I met up to get cupcakes for everyone. We wanted to get the birthday girl a cupcake instead of the usual birthday cake and so we headed to Twelve Cupcakes!



The 2 cupcakes on the right were sadly ruined by shiyun & I. We were prolly too chor lor. In the end, we surrendered the cupcakes to Sze Ning who came to meet us and continued walking around town to buy birthday pressie.
Let me tell you what i mean by walking. That day, walking meant almost 8 hours of harmless strolling which gave the both of us killer leg aches. We couldn't move for an hour and planted our bums at a random food court in Cine while waiting for time to pass/relieve our legs of supporting our weight and the walking/wait for Tiffany/write birthday card.
Anyway, time to feast your eyesss (literally. HELLO, it's like Attack of the xlb please.)



Amazingly, i liked the ma la soup (the one on the left; red, hot and spicy) Very shiok yknow; and if you know me, once again, it's AMAZINGLY that i enjoyed it.





The xlbs they have is absolutely awesomeeeee. DABEST.




Ohmg look at me battling the prawn; dipped in ma la soup!!!
I think i have a similar expression taken when i was also undergoing WW3 with live prawns in China. #unglamforlife :(


Okay, to be honest, the cupcakes were.. kinda average. 
Idk, there were comments raving about how nice it is... but to me, the cupcake wasn't that nice after all the jive about it. :\ 

...in the end, the night ended on a happy note, despite my legs screaming at me in protest. I think i earned another abrasion on the back of my heel. I am honestly looking forward to our next laughter-filled outing. 

In the meantime, 2011 is coming to an end. In my opinion, this year seem to have passed by extremely quickly, actually that would be an understatement. It feels like I've been on a Harry Potter's very own Firebolt and everything was a blur. In a mere 20-odd hours, 2011 will pass and here comes the new year.

Like always, I'm wondering what surprises, heartaches, roller-coaster-rides, the new year will bring.