.sidebar h2 { background:url(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/Silent_2/Tw114h.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position:left; height:40px; margin:0; padding:10px 3px 0 80px; line-height:1.5em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } -->

Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Overdue post

In the nostalgic mood today and so I shall continue my Taiwan trip and flood you with non-iphone cam pictures. The last I blogged about it was before school, exams, A levels, and everything in between took over, and so although it's long overdue, but better late (for a year :p) than never right?

I remember we left off from my first time to feng jia ye shi... 

 

All the NJCians tgt outside the meeting place
HAHA at sue-ann trying to block out Aloysius

 

That's us in the hotel room; 4 in a room!!! 
I think we were super noisy that night cos we were watching 就想赖着你 and there was this part where the evil-girl-character was doing something despicable and !&#(@($ and so all of us got so high from shouting at the TV screen while jumping on the bed... I think the teachers heard us too! Good times good times. 


And that's my breakfast at the breakfast buffet complimentary of the hotel hehehe I EAT ALOT RIGHT. But i think in the end I didn't finish it :x

Then after breakfast, we were brought around to walk i think.. I wasn't rly paying attention...... But I have pictures!! That makes up for everything heheh. The shops around the hotel were rly special and gave off the countryside feel.







In the end, our final destination was to go visit this old railway track!!! 







All bully me :(




The guys were trying to act cool




This guy was selling customized keychains! 



AND THE AMAZING DIY COTTON CANDY MACHINE ♥ ♥



SO DAMN COOL!!!!!!
Wish I had one at home, then everyday DIY cotton candy :3



Left abit only then take picture :( 



From there, we had to change up and get ready to meet our host and move in to their place! :)
SEE OUR ANGBAO BLAZER OHMG SUPER AA RIGHT :o

I didn't take much pictures on the first night, cos I think we left quite late..? Pretty much quickly settled into my new room and bathe before falling asleep the moment my head hit the pillow. 



This is a picture of the place 小雷's daddy brought me for breakfast w her before we went out! 



All in fan ti zi (traditional chinese characters); see until my eyes go blur x.x 



My first authentic taiwanese breakfast! It was yummy to the max although veryyyy oily!!
There was this veggie pancake (TEN THUMBS UP), soya milk, and some paus! 



A picture of the bus stop.
Thought it might be interesting since it looks different from the SG ones!

We went to sing karaoke and shopping!!!!
I rmb being super excited haha. 



The shopping paradise is called wufenpu!!!! 



LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF CLOTHES INSIDE ONE SHOP.
Just LOOK AT IT. 



The place we had our dinner tgt with everybody who went :)



Then, on the next day, 小雷 brought me out to their shopping district, something like our Orchard i think? 



With Benson & YJ behind too! 



We went to Taipei 101! The view up there is breathtaking, and my ears popped and popped and popped all the way up the 101 storeys x.x



101



Me with this decoration found up there hahha so random.

My taiwan trip wasn't all fun and games and shopping and and and... alot more, although 95% was. But the point being is that we had lessons too! In our buddy's classes, so we had to attend whatever lessons our buddies attend, as well as the different activities the school prepared for us. 



I was in class 204, and this was their backboard! 



And this is their table and chair in class! Really cute huh? 




This was chem lesson, if you recognize the chem equation. 



My first bento meal provided! 



Then our first activity was Art lesson!



We had to do this paint-stamp-thingy!
It was my first time doing it, and definitely loads of fun, cos I did it as a gift for my buddy, :)



This was mine! I don't have a picture of the end product.... :(
But i can show you an example the teacher showed us!



Super chio right! 
Then, at night, we went ice-skating!!




I won't go into details, since I blogged about this alr!!

The next day (I don't even rmb which day it was!), we had to go on stage to be introduced to the whole school...

 

This is the guy who'll say "Attention!" or sth like that. See the strap around him, so cool right! I took this picture cos all the girls thought he was good looking tee hee. Oh and this is the uniform that everyone wears during winter, I have the whole set at home! But i only wear the jacket! :) 

That day, we had Music lesson, which was my buddy's favourite lesson! *good memory* 

 

The music teacher - she had a rly good voice! 

 

 

Us looking quite bored cos we didn't know the songs :( 

No school shots that day; fast forward to dinner okay? 

 

We went to this shopping mall called Miramar!
Can you see the ferris wheel... are you thinking what I'm thinking?!?!

But first up, DINNER!!



I ate noodles, and they gave me this spoon-fork-utensil!
HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN THIS BEFORE!?!



Me and joping!



And my one of favourite ice cream!
Proof that I ate Coldstone long before it opened in SG wahahah :p



My buddy, bb and Benson poring over the Coldstone menu!



The guys!



Their coldstone counter!



And me trying to be unglam w my ice cream and buddy without even failing -.-

Anw, they have this cool ice cream offer in Taipei: When the temperature hits below 10 degrees (i think!! Cant rmb), so long as you buy their Marshmallow flavour, you can buy another one free! Like buy one get one free! My buddy got the Marshmallow flavour one! :)

After coldstone, up up up we go~~~



The ferris wheel looked so pretty against the night sky.



The cute ticket booth!





4 of us tgt in one carriage!



I'm not from NJC, I'm from Li Shan :B



The next day, I had breakfast at home. Which was equally delicious and verrryyy healthy as you can see. Normally, in SG, i just eat one piece of bread, sometimes w a hotdog/bacon/ham/nutella and off I go!
Taiwan = lots of good food :3 


The agenda on that day was to visit an old hot springs place, which turned into a museum. 





In one of the pools :p

 

 



 



Steam from the natural hot springs 

 


From there, we walked to visit this nearby library. It wasn't just your average, concrete library, the whole place was made of wood!! 

 

Me posing outside the library.. looking quite retardedly happy.



All the Singaporeans from Li Shan!
We all had to wear the Li Shan uniform!

 

even the toilet doors/walls were wood! 



Cute right? 



Oh btw, the library had a rooftop with round wooden tables and chairs!
Secretly took a picture of this cos the whole scene looked kinda romantic~ 

I think that day was visit-as-many-museums-as-possible day, cos we visit another museum from there! It's called 故宫! 

 

 

 

 

 

The NJC-ians who were posted to Li Shan! :) 
YJ, June, Joping and me!! 

That night, we went to watch Narnia: Prince Caspian all together. IN 3D!! 

 

 

Oh and oh and I can't forget to mention here that I went for a rly once-in-a-lifetime experience, which was to catch butterflies! With a real butterfly net and being surrounded by flowers and the wild...



This is bb trying to catch a butterfly! He caught them so easily lo :(



Cos it was my buddy's science project, to catch butterflies from their school garden and preserve them as specimen! So I joined in and I managed to catch one butterfly although I don't have pictures...... :'(

It's not easy work okay!!! 

And this blogpost is also no easy work!!!! I think there is enough pictures and narration for one post alr right? And therefore, I shall continue another time and go eat my lunch now.