BUT I have managed to defy all sloth in me and squeeze my butt into the chair to blog now; I know I'm forgiven :3
-
April's long gone, and we're already halfway into May.
Being a May baby, May usually holds a much more special meaning to me than the rest of the 11 months. And I'm glad that so far into this month, May has not only been happy and good, but I know I'll have another set of treasure chest sprinkled with diamonds engraved with precious names, preserved purple petals between phonebooks older than I am, and fragments of perfect days recreated in smiles and film.
First up, was my birthday picnic I celebrated with The Dancers. Idea to wear something from our past was MY idea *big grin*
I shall try to go into the tiniest details so I won't forget any, in case I do, when i grow old and I can still flip back here to recollect my precious diamonds.
*All the clear and pro-looking photo credits go to Nicolette & Weiling, I have no DSLR :(
Our initial spread
Mac & Cheese (Love it), honey dew and grapes, DELICIOUS muffins -just 'cos I bakedbought them. But truthfully, everything was great okay?!- sandwich cutouts of hearts, bears and a single elephant I think, sausages that were cut up, corn, and not forgetting the little cups of chocolate heaven & tuna dipped in chilli and ketchup.
OH. There was Baileys too hehe.
Lynn, Sera, Amanda, Nicolette and I were the first few to meet up and proceed to Botanical Gardens and so... Here are some happy/cute/funny pictures of us.
Don't I resemble the <3_<3 emoji!?!?!? ^^
Lynn's & Sera's teddy bear
I think Amanda's was an elephant
Nicolette's star
Good food, good company, and of course good music, makes a day perfect
Amanda your face the biggest here hehehe :p
Looking at the photos, I have a sneaky suspicion they all decided to wear purple and leave me out of the agreement so I'll wear some other colour tee!!!!
Pouts.
focus: Amanda's constipated face HAHAHAHA
Random discovery: Everybody closed their mouths... except me. WHY!?!
HAHAH
-end of our huge faces-
Then Pris, Xiaomei & Weiling arrived as well!


Getting a little high in the afternoon wasn't too bad.
Thereafter, I was lured away to the toilet -always the case for us, isn't it?- while the rest planned to surprise me *aww*
We're backkkk
I look so unglam ohmg.
This year, I got 6 donuts instead of the usual huge, round, creamy blob of chocolate, vanilla, and occasional fruits or whatnots, cake from them. Pretty special huh? :)
I was definitely touched.
At the moment when I saw the flame and sneaky smiles and burst of "happy birthday", all these for me, right at that moment, I honestly wish I won't forget any part of that few minutes. It's the moment when you realize someone/people put in that much of an effort for you, just for you, even for that few precious minutes, you are special. And happy. Grateful.
(constipated face wts!)
Moments like these are exactly what I replay over and over again, until they form a bookmark on my heart.
We all need more moments like these.
Group shots :)
My presents ^^
I always thought picnics were romantic, television shows and movies brainwashed that into me, I still do actually. But that afternoon, albeit that there was no rain, the sun was merciless; Explains why most of us had our hair pinned up. Add on to the fact that we fought a losing battle with irritating mosquitoes, it was a pretty........ memorable day.
We're hardly hot and sticky and sweaty when we meet up, but these girls make the heat and mosquito bites worth it nonetheless. From running man to marriages to polaroid cameras to braces, the few hours flew by and before long, it was time for our temporary farewells. Some left home, while some headed to my house to chill and look at old photos which led to giggles and many "ughhhhs", "ohmg so unglam!" etc etc etc.
Now, growing up, days like these are becoming more and more precious. Like diamonds. Like each and every one of them.
-
The very next day, I went out to the newly-opened Jcube at night with Shiyun, Xixi, Tiffany & Sze Ning, and was once again, little miss late. BUT I gladly thought that i wasn't the only one, only to find out the opposite when I reached - I was the only one crowned miss late queen.
My birthday cake + a cream puff finished within the night, giving me a heavy stomach that weekend.
My huge bag of presents from them :)
Getting to know them, and still know them, in JC was a stroke of luck for me. <3
Thank you for celebrating this xiaomei's birthday, and for all the thoughtful gifts :)
Each of them are like the sparkly, shiny, but sturdy, gold pieces in my treasure chest I will forever keep.
-
Treasure chest, treasure chest. I sound like a little green and greedy and lucky leprechaun already.
But I want to be greedy. I don't want to risk losing any of my precious diamonds and coins and gold; little pieces of me are in each and every piece of these priceless jewels.
-
And that was how I gloriously celebrated my first weekend of May.
Although I was away from YJ and woke up missing him, the one piece that I hoard close to the left of my chest, everyday after the first weekend, and the next weekend too, tomorrow is a promise. And darling, that makes me so happy.