.sidebar h2 { background:url(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/Silent_2/Tw114h.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position:left; height:40px; margin:0; padding:10px 3px 0 80px; line-height:1.5em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } -->

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Some things just don't make sense, and that's okay.

The summer nights I imagined to have make up of cooling breeze tickling my face and eyelashes, quiet rise and falls of the noise you make when you sleep, oriented words forming here from disoriented thoughts after the relentless heat in the day. 

Instead, the sunset is missed from useless attempts at catching up on deprived sleep and most of the times, my legs are screaming obscenities in my head. 

I miss the long tangles and annoying mane that could only be tamed into a bun. 
I miss the rush of adrenaline running through like electric in my veins against the beat of music. 
I miss the long, lazy, quiet, mornings, afternoons, evenings wasted on lame movies, laughters and hugs.
I miss the bright lights, the smell of new clothes, the brief happiness from finding something pretty on me, but not the little tears that add on to the battle scars of my wallet from numerous impulsive buys. 

I haven't been listening to music in ages. Now, just listening to 8tracks and chilling in bed, I feel like I'm rediscovering the serenity acoustic love songs bring, and the reason why I loved clicking on this app day after day, song after song. 

These songs bring along one more thing... sleep.