.sidebar h2 { background:url(http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/Silent_2/Tw114h.jpg); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position:left; height:40px; margin:0; padding:10px 3px 0 80px; line-height:1.5em; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.2em; } -->

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

They say another name for affection is black hole

And so, we're down to the last week of a three month long summer.

Before the flurry of school and everything that accompanies it comes rushing at me, I find myself finding ways and means to ignore the ever rising dread of the end of summer. Squeezing in time for that drama that I never got around to finish watching, finding extra exercises for my sister to prepare for her upcoming exercises, taking a longer time to get up from my bedsheets, staying up later, walking more, seeing more, trying to feel more.... a little attempts here and there before mindless worksheets and the never-ending hustle-and-bustle in school desensitizes me.

Thank goodness I have a rock who keeps me grounded from wishing for every shiny, sparkly star in the sky, a vessel to keep my every little tantrum and whining, and a pair of legs that keeps on walking and standing for me and my demands even though his knees were hurting sorely already.
He makes me feel like the luckiest girl on earth. :)

Poor him versus me, guess where we went?


Awww isn't this cute?
I learnt something new about pandas that day! 

...And I kinda went crazy with all the cute illustrations on the sign boards.



 


 

I made him take one with the illustration of the male panda too heh.



And of course I HAD to eat the panda pau, like DUH!





And of course, take photos with the mascots!!!
They're SOOOO cute!









I really wanted to snag this home but....
it would totally just rot in one corner.....
I couldn't do this to a cute panda cap...

   

Camwhoring with the soft toys in the zoo were really really fun
Kinda unleashed all the happy feelings there



And this is the end product of waking up early, walking non-stop for the entire day, a rainy shower and standing throughout on both long bus rides.

Nevertheless, it was a nice, lovely day, brightened up by the air-conditioned enclosure the 2 cute, fat pandas. I honestly liked the otters and manatees too.

I thought the manatees really lived up to their name of being the most graceful creature of the ocean, the way their tails moved to the current, you would have thought you were staring at a mermaid's tail. The aquarium the sea creatures were kept in were also extremely large and really made me wanna jump right in and sink all way down and... kinda float right up.

I think that's a nice feeling.
Haha.

The fireworks to end the night were pretty awesome too, I managed to catch the way the sparks expanded and formed hearts and starts that lighted up the sky. It was really, really pretty, how the lights erupted into the night and then disappearing almost immediately.

That day kinda brought me back to a time when everything was simpler, easier and prettier.

Anyway.
Late nights and early mornings are gonna make me grumpy and look like a panda, but I guess I'll miss these nights of just simply doing things I love instead of struggling to stay awake to finish up homework and stuff.

-6 more days till I'm a y2!-